Thursday, June 12, 2014

Introductions



Welcome to AfterMST3K, an experimental (and rather bare-bones) blog for mutual viewing and discussion of the riffed movies of Film Crew, Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic.  I am going to try having regular viewings and (hopefully) discussions during the next 2-3 months, while venerable Satellite News  is covering the KTMA “Season zero” episodes of MST3K.  After that we will see if this blog has more life.

I’m not going to pretend to be some Rifftrax/Cinematic Titanic Superfan.  But I have enjoyed some of the productions from both groups, and want to try giving the MST3KInfo Episode Guide treatment to some of the episodes they’ve created, and after Sampo at Satellite News announced they would not be dividing their time between old and new material, i thought i might as well try to do something myself.  Believe it or not Film Crew launched in 2005-6, making it about 8 years old already!  And frankly i was more interested in this than MST's KTMA episodes.  I get it, but when I think that CT literally lived and died within the time we were discussing the “Green Slime” pilot for the second time, I really began to feel guilty that I was still looking at old things and not giving their new work a chance.

My schedule for the upcoming weeks is intended to alternate equally between Rifftrax/Film Crew and Cinematic Titanic.  Obviously the output from Rifftrax is much larger than either of the others, so to give myself some guidelines:
 
  • All Film Crew releases
  • All Cinematic Titanic releases
  • Rifftrax releases that are VOD and/or DVD, and of those only the 3-riffer versions.
  • Chronological order (of release)

So here we go.  I have never run a blog so bear with me!  I am hoping to get comments about what other viewers liked/disliked, so i am going to try to make the comments easy to post, and hopefully we will not get the spam that proliferates on untended blog comments.  Please leave any suggestions for more or less coverage and we'll see what people want to do!

Tentative schedule:

  1. June 16:  “Hollywood After Dark” (Film Crew)
  2. June 23: “The Oozing Brain” (Cinematic Titanic)
  3. June 30: “Killers From Space” (Film Crew)
  4. July 7: “The Doomsday Machine” (Cinematic Titanic)
See you next Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment